10.11.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.36 (Doom and Gloom)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.36
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt
-Mark Twain

So we have phones, you have phones, we all have phones. There are millions of phone numbers and millions of phone users. In Utah it is required that we use the area code regardless if the call is long distance or not. Since we made this new switch in phone calling technique I have been receiving some very interesting phone calls. It appears that anytime I travel outside of the 801 I get phone calls that aren't for me. When I switched phones and services I never made a voicemail box greeting therefore people left me messages that weren't for me. The first message I received was about a dog that had cancer, the person was concerned about the health of the dog. I didn't have a phone number to call them back to tell them that it wasn't looking good. The second message was about a cat that either had halitosis or some sort of tumor. Again, no number to call them back and tell them that it didn't look good. The finally message I received was this past weekend when I traveled north. The message was an elderly lady who was very concerned about her dog. She apparently had left the dog with me for overnight observation. She just wanted to make sure her little guy was doing well. I just hope that all of these people were able to finally contact the correct persons about their animals. I just don't have the training to give them a fair evaluation of their animal. Every time I get one of these messages I think about Frankie and how we had to leave him with a vet over night. It was a terrible night and now every time we see him slip or walk slowly we think that he will go back to being paralyzed then I would have to call myself to find out if he is doing okay. Turns out he is.

Trivia Time: Eric Dunn said this in response to the trivia question, "I would least like to meet Pokemon in a public restroom, because he might Pikachu....  get it Pikachu.. (peek at you). Come on... anyone? seriously,  that's funny." This week's question is what is the most significant date in the history of the Americas?

It is finally cold weather, it is finally time to start putting on a jacket to go outside, it is finally time to start brushing your teeth. Oh wait I meant to say wearing socks. But not on your teeth, on your feet. The point I am trying to make is that fall time requires a little more work to go outside and play. If you have children it requires a lot more work to go out and play. With cold weather approaching I recommend that ever parent watch Casper the live action movie. This way parents can really understand the importance of bundling up and to let the kids play outside. As we all know Casper was a boy who loved to play outside and even when it got cold he still wanted to keep sledding down the hill. That was a mistake, because much like the monkey that was monkeying around Casper died. So wake up people, and put on a jacket to keep yourself warm as you play outside. If you live somewhere where it is warm then you are exempt from the Casper reference but instead you should watch, um, Indiana Jones the Trilogy, skip the 4th one. They are pretty cool movies (the 4th one is not good).

Have a good week I know I will
Eric Jones


--
This message was approved by Eric Jones

No comments: