10.04.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.35 (Let there be halloween movies!!)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.35
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt
-Mark Twain

If there is one thing I have learned in my quarter century plus years on this earth is that time is continually moving and there is no stopping it. I have been working on the yard these past few weeks trying to get my sprinklers to be more efficient so I can practice what I preach. All in all it has been a very fun and tiring effort, I love getting my hands dirty and at that end of the day seeing results. Anywho, to make a long story end in this process I have made several thousand trips to Home Depot to buy necessary items. The last time I went in there I was appalled to see that the Home Depot has begun putting up their Christmas trees. Are we really in that big of a hurry to get people to spend money they don't have on stuff they don't need? Personally I wished that all of the other holidays got more respect. If I were to put this in sports terms, which I am going to do, I would say that Christmas is like the really tough opponent that you have to face every year at the end of the season. Then you have your holidays that can be a threat but are easily over looked. Just once I would like to see one of these underdog holidays surprise us all and blow us out of the water. Just imagine if we over looked Columbus Day, which we all do, don't lie, then on October 11th it catches us off guard and causes a lot of stress in our lives like Christmas does. I mean does anybody really even blink an eye at that holiday anymore? I know the natives did. Sure there are the mid-level holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving that will alter our lives just enough to make some of us uncomfortable for a brief period. But what I really want to see is total chaos on a day like All Saints Day or All Souls Day (which ever you celebrate) people running in the streets screaming, "I was unprepared for this day and now I don't have all of the proper ingredient to make Colada Morada" (traditional drink of Ecuador on November 2nd). So wake up people and prepare yourselves for these weaker holidays don't let them get you. You have been warned, Veteran's Day is on November 11th.  (Quick side note if anybody knows how to make Colada Morada I would like to have some this year)

Trivia Time: Yes there are many awesome TV shows out there non-better than this one. This week's question is what animal would you least like to meet in a public restroom?

Count your blessings people that is what I always tell myself when I think all is lost. For instance those of you that are Jazz fans count the blessing of not having Carlos Boozer on your team anymore, Sure he is a good player 50% of the time. Sure he can hit outside jumpers and rebound the ball ok for somebody his size. However he gets injured every other week. Apparently he can't see his feet because he tripped over a duffle bag and broke his hand. Well Bull's fans it begins. You have him for 5 years and you are going to be pulling your hair out and punching yourselves in the face because just when you think, "Oh good our team is up and running." Boozer will get injured and then your hopes of finishing 4th in the East will be dashed. Let's be honest with ourselves Bull's fans you were never going to win anything with that team. It didn't work in Utah it is not going to work in Chicago. So take the red pill and get a grip on reality, your team is mid-level in the East and it will never be any better unless you get a power forward that can play defense. Carlos Boozer should be banished to an island where he can't hurt himself or hurt any of his adoring fans. Last but not least by this time next year nobody in Chicago is going to think Carlos Boozer is awesome, they will all realize that like the rest of us humans his bodily waste stinks too.

Have a good week I know I will
Eric Jones

--
This message was approved by Eric Jones

No comments: