1.16.2012

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 6.39 (New stuff is what dreams are made of)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 6.39

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

With a New Year we think of new things, new things we would like to become, new things we would like to achieve, new things we would like to learn and new things we would like to receive. I personally love new stuff, even if said item isn't literally new. As long as the item is new to me it makes me warm inside. As the youngest in my family I was often given hand-me-down clothing and toys but for some reason when I received those clothes I always thought they were cool. Maybe it was because the clothes were in style a few years ago or maybe it was because I thought that I was as cool as my sister I mean brothers. I never wore hand-me-downs from my sister. At least I don't think so. I guess growing up on hand-me-downs made me realize that it is a pretty good system to wear second hand clothes. Maybe this is why I shop at the D.I. and Savers? Any who I digress. The point I am trying to make is that new stuff is pretty cool. However this past Christmas Jenny and I were trying to keep up the traditions of somebody when we bought each other Christmas pillows. I am sure that is a Christmas tradition somewhere. I don't like new pillows. Since I have been using that pillow my neck hurts, I have gotten less sleep than normal and it doesn't smell like me so often times I wake up thinking there is a stranger sleep watching me or worse that I have been abducted by aliens. I just image that aliens would have some crappy pillows for their abductees to rest their head on. You know so it looks like they are showing compassion but really they want you to be uncomfortable. Because an uncomfortable hostage is more likely to divulge the secrets you want. And I am sure that is what aliens want, secrets. Earth secrets… I digress yet again. The point I am making is that new stuff is great; in fact if I could put a new pair of socks on every day I would be in heaven. There is nothing so sweet as slipping on a new fluffy pair of socks. Your feet feel like they have been wrapped with love sprinkled with fairy kisses and blessed by the Pope himself. Another item that I think everybody loves new is underwear. Much like the new pair of socks underwear treats your personal parts with love and kindness, the way they should be treated, FYI. The last item I think that people love new is the automobile. People love that new car smell so much that there are air fresheners that somewhat smell just like the new car smell. If you can't afford new things which is the case with most humans then you can do other things to make life seem new. These could include such practices as hiding items that will be found later, buying irregular items at a discounted price or suffering from brain injuries that make you forget what stuff you have that way everything seems new. I guess I have to add this one in too; you could be old and have a bad memory.

 

Trivia Time: How many wins will the Jazz have season's end?

 

Quote of the Week: "You don't want to go through life alone, kids make the ride more enjoyable." – Anonymous

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

--
This message was approved by Eric Jones

No comments: