4.17.2007

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.27

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.27
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt
-Mark Twain

Another week, another dollar, literally I only made a dollar this week. That is a terrible joke. I am currently returning from Bullhead City, Arizona. I was visiting my sister, brother-in-law and their children because sister just had a baby. I may be a little biased when I say that I am pretty sure she is the cutest little girl in the world. And I have set a new record for Eric, holding Brice, I held the youngest baby I have ever held, just under a month old! Also, while I was there I got to wrestle without shirts on with Ashton and become a Guitar Hero. Now before we arrived in Arizona we stopped in St. George for a day to spend some time with Hal and Fay, Jenny's grandparents. This was to be sure that Hal approved of me because he was unable to do so prior to our marriage. On a related note, Jenny and I are getting a divorce. That was also a terrible joke. I will be discussing my favorite occurrences of the trip later. And pictures will be posted on the blog later this week. But first…

Trivia Time: Last week's winner was the only person that gave me some sort of an answer, Norma. She walked away with a lamp, as promised. This week's question is "How many marbles do I have to have to have 'several' marbles?" Please include your reasoning with your response. The prize will be a package of soft batch cookies. Delicious. Recommendations: Movie is about a bus that had to keep its speed up to a certain speed as it sped throughout town I think it is called "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down." And the music is "Guitar Hero."

In closing, here are the awesome occurrences of my super awesome trip to St. George/Arizona. I think the only place to begin is with all that I forgot to bring with me on this trip including: toothbrush, deodorant, swimsuit and I brought socks but no shoes to wear with the socks. And I guess you could say I forgot my church clothes too! Wife didn't forget anything. Hal and Fay treated us to lunch on Friday. Introduced us to this real neat place called Eatza Pizza. They were nothing but business at that buffet. I made a joke by saying, "I eat this I'm not going to have to eat anything for the rest of the day." They responded by saying, "Oh, we'll have some snacks before we go to bed." I thought they were joking, but it turns out they weren't. Later that day we went shopping at the outlets in St. George. AT one point we were walking into a store and there was a young girl sitting outside. As we went to go inside two other boys came running up to her and she stated. "You guys are so stupid, KB Toys is that way!" Pointing her finger in the opposite direction. Wife and I sure had a good chuckle at that.

Next matter of business, did you know that Turtles pee when you flip them upside down? I almost got turtle pee in my face. Jenny and I found a turtle when we went hiking in St. George. That's all I am gonna say about that. In Arizona, Ashton was real happy to see us because when we got there, that is when he got to go to Donald's to get some toys in the Happy Meals. Let me tell you about the Donald's in Arizona: Food's about the same, workers are a little less happy, and the patrons are a lot crazier. Here's a sampling of our dining pleasure: old man with long gray beard in children's place just eating one fry at a time, woman wearing a surgical mask around her neck, and lady who had mothered about 12 children wearing a loose midriff top with white pants that had been slashed throughout their entirety. That was our trip in a heartbeat; two if you read slow.

Have a good week I know I will.
Eric Jones

No comments: