8.06.2007

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.42

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.42

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

                This past week seemed like it went on forever.   I will tell the main reasons why the week took too long.  It is a combination of many events, but I have narrowed them down to three finalists in no particular order.   It all started out with the return from the Jones family reunion, which I brought back more than just the pride of being a winner.  I brought back the great summer cold.   The summer cold is the worst cold there is out there.  It is hot and you are stuffed up, you can't breath and you need to be able to breath deep or you pass out from lack of oxygen.    Getting up in the morning you are groggy and all you want to do is stay in bed and close your eyes forever more.  If it weren't the morning ritual of the beautiful lady that sleeps next to me I probably would have slept in until the moon came out.   The only great thing about the summer cold except for the self initiated dry heaves there is no throwing up.  I don't really know why I am telling you all this, it is getting a little too personal.  

                Reason number 2 it took so long.   It was the last week of summer semester the past week.  It always seems that the last week takes way too long and the first week takes way too fast getting here.   What is a boy to do to get by these blues?  Its not like I am going for the homerun record.

                After request Trivia Time is back:   This week's question is: Why does time fly when you are having fun?  The prize this week is a ride on the Roller coaster at Lagoon.

                The last reason it seemed like took so long was the fact that I have been emailing a local sports talk show hoping to get them read every morning.   It all started Monday morning when I thought that I had a good idea for an email to send to the young men at the DJ and PK show.  I got off to a good roll on Monday as the email of the day.   So I started contacting people that I thought would have been listening.  It turns out that nobody was listening.   It was a little unbelievable.  I was on cloud nine that day.  That day I took a test and blew it but still I had an email read on the radio so it was a great day.   Then on Tuesday I had another great idea for the email so I sent it in.  And boom they read it.  It was great!   I now had two emails and was working on getting a 30 second segment on every show.  So I tried again on Wednesday, that time I only had a release of anger about a recent signing of a Jazz player.   They read it and then I got a phone call from Tim.  He told me that he had heard the email I wrote and was proud to hear that I had been published.   I told Jenny and she said, being the great motivator, she said, "I think that if I wrote an email to the show they would read it."  It hurt to hear those words.   The next day I must have been jinxed.  They didn't read it or on Friday.  Anyway I have the emails I sent in on the blog so you can read what they read.   Or you can listen to the show every morning from 6 – 10 am and just enjoy.

Have a good week I know I will now keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

No comments: