8.13.2007

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.43

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.43

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

                So last week I started out by saying that the week seemed to go on forever.   Well much like my physical progression the world has played a cruel trick me once again.  This seemed like there just wasn't enough time to do anything I wanted to do.   It came it went but not before it hit slapped on the face a couple of times leaving me a little soar and a lot tired.  My body aches with the weekend pains.   Jenny blames that on too much soda drinking.  I blame it on clean leaving and paying my taxes.  What do we know?   We watched a movie last night that stated; that the only thing we really need to know that we don't know anything.  This was also something that one of my teachers tried to teach in a class that wasn't philosophy so I didn't really pay attention.   He said to us in his thick German accent, "You go to school to realize that you don't know anything!"  I looked at him nodded my head and went on with what I was doing which was trying not to fall asleep because if you do then you have to sit in the front of the class and hits your desk if you fall asleep again.   It really was a good way to make kids pay attention that didn't want or that couldn't pay attention.  Anyway, life goes on and next week I start at the U.   So that leads me to this week's trivia question.  Does anybody want to sponsor a college student?  The prize is a reward beyond measure.

                Carrying on.   This Saturday the father and I, mostly him, jack hammered the back patio.  It had settled incorrectly and it recently has become a problem. Solving the problem we had to take up the old concrete.   Now I have a soar hand and to identical blisters.  Lets just face it these hands were made for softer things.   Like brushing hair oh I mean like typing and giving high fives.  These hands weren't made to get dirty.  Also they were made to play World Cup Soccer on X-Box.   Russell James and I played the cup this past week.  We were the Ivory Coast but we still couldn't pull it off.   England was just too good for us.  We had to go to a shoot out because they pulled some crazy maneuvers in order to tie the game late.  We ended up losing in the shoot out because we don't know what is going on in those things.  It is so hard.  Until we meet again England.

Have a good week I know I will.

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

No comments: