9.09.2007

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.47

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.47

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

Often times in life there are many things that we go through that make us better and some things we go through make us worse.   I have gone through two things this week and one made me better the other made me worse.  It is official Jenny and I just returned from our new home.   We got baby. Whoa did Hot Rod just come into the writing business?  Anyway we now have a house to call our own.  It is a great little place just for the two of us.   We also attended our new ward and there are a lot of little children that make a lot of noise.  It was a fun time as we watched a young kid playing with his trains on the ground.   Oh how I wish I could just play with trains during church.  It can get boring real fast.  Today wasn't that boring though.   It was very good and I think that it will be a great ward to live in.  Hopefully I don't have to teach the pre-teens class.   Oh boy, oh boy is all that can be said about that.  So that is the experience that made me better.  I would just like to give a great thank you to our realtor Luann she really did a great job fighting for every last penny she could.

Trivia Time:  What is the worst movie made this year, that grossed over $100 million dollars in the first week?

This is a rare occasion because I will now tell you the answer to the trivia question.  Pirates of the Caribbean: At world's End is the worst movie this year.  After leaving that movie I thought to myself I wish I had a time machine, not to travel back in time but to get those hours of my life that I wasted watching that movie.   Oh boy the movie is like 5 hours long.  Jenny and I agreed that the second and third pirate movies should have just been combined into a week long mini-series.   Who are we kidding the two movies combined would have to span a month or so.  Of course it would have to be a short month like February but still it should have only been on TV not on the big screen.   Jenny, I think, summed it up best when she said, "It was like there were 8 different writers and they all had to write their own section of the movie then when they brought it all back together, it just didn't make any sense."   I agree 100% the movie was terrible.  The funny thing is people told me they liked it.  Here is how you watch the movie and like it.   As soon as the credits are done fall asleep for about two and half hours then wake up go to the bathroom and then go back to the movie by that time you don't know what is going on but don't worry because the people that have been watching it the whole don't really know what is going on either.

Have a good week I know I will.   

Eric Jones

 

No comments: