10.14.2007

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.49

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.49

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

            Another day another dollar.  My fall break is over.   What a world we live in.  You know the crazy thing is I like going to school and work and having a good 90% of week already planned for me.  School work, work school, it is a pretty nice set up.  Then when I have these breaks its like what do I do with myself?  I guess I sit a little bit more and work a little bit more.   After using the day of Columbus to purchase a lawn mower I mowed my lawn for the second time and when all was said and done I realized that I have too much of it.   So this past week everyday after work Jenny and I have been hard at work trying to get rid of some of the grass.  I have big plans for a garden and lots of beautiful flowers.   I have had some criticism from the boss on how this will all play out but I think that when all is said and done she will be jumping for joy that I have done what I am trying to do.   Oh the life of being afraid of a 5 foot tall 100 pound person.  It is pretty crazy sometimes and other times I just have to laugh.   How does it work?  Why am I so afraid of her?  Oh boy, oh boy I am probably going to get in trouble for this little last part of the letter.   Help me!  Oh wait don't help me I am fine.  "Hi honey, how are you?"  "Oh yeah I am just typing the newsletter."  "No I am not talking about you, you smell great."  That was a little bit of our dialog I just had with her in order to avoid looking suspicious like I was sending out an S.O.S.  Anyway S.O.S. 

            Often times I think to myself what type of people read this far down in the letter when I start doing things of that nature.   I hope for certain that those people know by now that what I just was doing was merely an act and really married life goood.  It is so good I had to through in that extra o. I just got done proof reading this, mostly for missing words.   Turns out that when I read I just throw the words that I left into where they are supposed to go.  So if you can not still understand what I am trying to say then just close your make a wish count to three come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination take a look and you'll see that there are things beyond creation.   I like to sing songs that make the normal people feel weird inside.  In closing I would like to finish with a Deep Thought by Jack Handey.   I think that he couldn't have been more right on when he said, "The difference between boys and men is, boys want to be firemen when they grow whereas men want to be giant monster firemen when they grow up."

Have a good week I know I will.   

Eric Jones

PS photos of the house on my blog at www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! You better stop acting like such a sissy or I'll give you something to "S.O.S." about! I love you loads and loads!