10.21.2007

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.50

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 2.50

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

            It was pointed out to me today that Jack Handey quotes are so 1999.  I just thought that since I calculated it out and figured that I was the coolest in the year 1999 I would just use the same things that I used then.   I would also like to say to all of you "die hard" Red Sox fans congratulations.  I was cheering for the under dog Indians.   As stated by my mom every Super Bowl, "I don't care who wins I just want the team that is losing to do better."  Which I thought was crazy but just thinks (I had think right here but the computer had the magical green line under the word and when I checked it out the computer told me to put thinks, so I did) about it.   What if every time a team had a really bad season the masses started to cheer for them?  How many fans would there be of the Pittsburg Pirates or the Atlanta Hawks or any team that is in Canada.  Ah life is good for me here.  It is my wife's birthday and all the time she is asking, "What should we do for my birthday?"   I just say to myself and a plethora of my stuffed animals "I know what I do if it were my birthday!"

            I think that she is figuring out what she is wanting to do for her birthday.  She is plotting to make a TV show about our first year of marriage.  Oh and she wants a soft guitar case not a hard one.  Looks like I have to go back to the store.   Again. 

            Trivia Time:  It is back every body boo-yah!   This week's question is, if you took the sides of a hexagon and the sides of a parallelogram and multiplied them together then divided that number by 3 what is the answer?  The prize this week is free trip through Provo canyon.  That really is the only thing good about south of the prison. 

              It is amazing to think about this crazy referendum 1.   There are lots of people that are pro I find that to be just silly.  Here are some key facts about the referendum that you should consider.  1) Creates a situation where private schools are funded by the government.  2) Many private schools chose not to accept the vouchers and can't be forced to accept them.   3) The average Utah family will not be able to afford private school even with the voucher.  Therefore the number of kids that go to private schools almost likely won't increase much.   4)  The vouchers are temporary solution because any money that is gained to the public education system will only be kept for 5 years at which time public education had better of come up with a new plan.   I am open to any rebuttals but am too proud to change my mind at this point. 

Have a good week I know I will.   

Eric Jones

PS photos of the house on my blog at www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: