5.12.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.26

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.26

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Nothing but a success stories from last week.  It just seems to be a little brighter, the world that is, when you don't have to go to school every day then to work then to school then do hours of homework.  Any who, enough about me let's talk about I.  I passed all of my classes again this semester with satisfactory grades; therefore I will not be retaking any of my classes.  I have a slot open for another class in the fall but I will take it slow.   Also Danny had a successful wedding.  He got married!  I was able to serenade the young couple with come classic lyrics written by music God Neil Diamond.  Neil Diamond's CD that came out this past week was also a success.  Also, the Jazz winning two at home to tie the series at two was a huge success.  They are rolling and know what needs to be done in LA in order to beat those commies that call themselves Americans.  Oh and Phil Johnson, I just don't like him.  I think that if Phil Johnson would have been here in Utah with some of the teams that Coach Sloan had he would have probably only won 20 games each season.  He doesn't do anything special.  It also looks like he would have bad breathe.  I am not sure though.  Oh I just wanted to mention that I am listening to the Neil Diamond CD right now and it awesome.  Every note is like a drop of liquid gold on my ears, no wait what is something that ears love?  It is like a butterfly kiss to my ear.  If you don't know what a butterfly kiss is it's when you bat your eyes on somebody else.  One time Jenny tried to this to me but Nerd can't do it.  That means people with glasses can't do that.

Trivia Time:  On July 16, 1945, three weeks before the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, it was tested for the first time where?

It was Mom's day yesterday and I have a mom.  As typed that jazz about butterfly kisses it made me think about my mom.  She is a great lady.  I would like to tell some stories that I feel are my favorite memories I have of my mother.  Going back to Elementary school: With the school set up I had off track times.  These were my favorite because it meant no school and late night movies.  My mom worked the graveyard shift so she could be home when we got home from school. This meant that she was not accustomed to going to bed early.  We would stay up late watching old movies.  This is where I too fell in love with such movies as Foul Play, What's Up Doc and Romancing the Stone.  She would always make here fish 'n chips which I hated so I usually had a sandwich.  We stay up late and sleep in, waking up we would spend the whole day together going out, not shopping because we both hate shopping, seeing new movies.  I remember movies we say together such classics as Witches, Home Alone, and Dumb and Dumber.  She also took me to some R rated movies too.  Like I said she was one hell of a mom.  That is just one set of great memories I have my mother.  I think Neil says it best on his new album when he says, "No words can describe how I love you."

Have a good week I know I will.  

Eric Jones

The Blog www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: