5.27.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.27

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.27

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

                Remembering is a very important thing for all us to do.  Recently I was in my office talking about random things I mean random water issues when I opened an email that said not to use the new coins that no longer say "In God We Trust".  I was then asked what I felt about that.  To which I stated, "Those words represent more than just a belief in a supreme being rather they represent what was the main driving force behind the foundation of this the greatest country in the world.  Our forefathers believed in God and they trusted in God and therefore the phrase 'In God We Trust' is less of a forceful way to make believe something rather it is a term representing what this country's history and future was and should be founded on.  My comments followed the comments of another who were in favor of removing those words.  I guess when I think of those words I think of those that have fought to establish this country and maintain it's dignity.  Were they people that didn't believe that there is some supreme being?  I feel that every man that has put their life on the line for this country has had a belief that God does exist and that they do trust in him. Personally I feel that if someone chooses that God doesn't exist in his or her life that is their choice but I choose to believe, as did my forefathers that God does exist.  So "In God We Trust" should be a phrase that remains on the currency of a country that was built on the shoulders of men and women that believed that very phrase.  It was a very appropriate conversation after one of the American holidays that I never really understood. 

            Trivia Time:  Here is quiz about Memorial Day I did pretty bad so you can go see what you know about this holiday.  http://www.quizland.com/f2quiz.mv?f507 Enjoy!

            So this past weekend I spent Memorial for the first time as a Taylor going to the graves of the Taylor in Wayne County.  The weekend was very interesting. I ate more grease this past weekend then ate all of last year.  Our first stop was World Famous Mom's Café in Salina.  Wow, there was so much grease on that food I almost slide right out of my seat (This is because as I ate I began to sweat and thus my sweat was really greasy which made me slippery!).  I know that is gross girls there is no need to tell me.  Anyway, the chicken fried steak started to work it's magic quickly. I was in trouble, with Jenny, I just couldn't stop it my gas kept coming.  It gets better.  The next morning we went to the Lion's Club breakfast.  I ate two eggs, two pieces of ham and like 10 pancakes.  It was all over from there.  I had put too much stuff in my belly that couldn't be processed fast enough.  It was crazy.  My belly was a war inside.  I thought I was getting it controlled when the pizza was ordered.  Oh man it was on again.  I took a nap to try and control the gas bubbles.  Instead I just pasted gas during my nap.  All I can say is that stank the entire front room.  My stink made babies cry.

Have a good week I know I will now keep your fingers crossed.

Eric Jones

 

No comments: