7.21.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.35

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.35

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

I don't know what it is but I have it and it is giving me a lot of gas.  This past week was one of the better ones this year.  I was able to beat the odds and stay out of trouble with the laws of gravity and other important laws.  I was able to do some yard work and actually feel like I am getting somewhere.  I was able to go see the new Batman movie and cheer and cry and giggle at how awesome it is.  I was able to spend a lot of time with family and realize that even though my brothers and I don't look anything a like we all really terrible gas after eating chicken salad.  I was able to realize that sunscreen really does work and how important it is to apply it evenly to your whole body.  I was able to see how much my dogs liked to go into the wild wither hiking or camping and how they really loved to sleep in a tent.  I was able to count my blessing of being able to enjoy all of God's little creations that make this world spin round.  All in all I was able to realize that life is still pretty good and even if you have a bad day, week or even year that, as my Grandpa always says, "This to shall pass," and it does and life gets better even if you have gas that hurts your own nose as you sit at the computer typing.

 

Trivia Time: For all of you that attempted last week's question the answer was 88, if I remember correctly.  If not then that is not the answer.  This week's question is, Can you think of two numbers for which the sum of their squares is 628 and the difference of their squares is 340?  This is a good one it took me a little while to get the answer so enjoy.

 

Beat the Odds Tip:  This week tip is always carry a pack of Mentos with you where ever you go, because anytime you are in a jam you can just pop one of those bad boys in and boom you are out of the jam.  You know like the commercials, the fresh makers.

 

So like I said up there, Jenny and I were able to enjoy some quality time with our boys this past week. We went on a hike on Monday up to Mt Olympus in hopes to find Zeus but alas the sun set too fast so we had to turn around.  Then we went to Bear Lake where we were able to quality time with my family and the dogs in the great outdoors. We spent the day Saturday at the North Beach of Bear Lake. It really is a fun place to visit and frolic in the water.  However, if you put on your sunscreen make sure that you use some sort of a rag on a stick combo to get your whole back, and waiting a few extra minutes to get into the water is a good idea. I put sunscreen on but my arms weren't long enough to get my entire back so the consequences were hilarious.  Hopefully Jenny puts the pictures she took on her blog soon so you can all enjoy my fun in the sun.

 

Have a good week I know I will.

Eric Jones

The Blog www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

No comments: