7.28.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.36

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.36

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

I always thought that being young was a state of mind.  This past week I knew that statement to be true.  I was young again.  Not that I am old but my body aches a little more than it used to and my body stinks a lot more than it used to.  So what I am saying is to be young is to be at Disney Land.  What a magical place that is.  I hate crowds and people touching me, so apart from the foreign people that were there that have no concept of a line or personal space Disneyland is fantastic.  We were able to spend two fun filled days with Mickey and the gang.  I thought that I wouldn't even be able to spend one day in Disneyland and be happy but there is a magic there that cannot be matched by any other place on earth.  The last time I was there was over a decade ago and I thought that when I returned I would have a little one dragging me around.  But thanks to some quick thinking we were able to get there before the little ones came.  Busting through the gates early Thursday morning we quickly got on Pirates of the Caribbean.  This is a good ride to start off with, the line is usually short and it gets you in the Disney mood.  So here is the tally of the rides we rode.

  • Pirates of the Caribbean 6 times
  • Toy Story Mania 3 times
  • Splash Mountain 2 times
  • Space Mountain 2 times
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 2 times
  • California Screamin' 2 times
  • Tower of Terror 2 times
  • Indian Jones Adventure 1 time
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds 1 time
  • Star Tours 1 time (I wanted to ride more times but ladies did not.)
  • Haunted Mansion 1 time
  • Soarin' Over California 1 time
  • Jungle Cruise 1 time
  • Grizzly River Run 1 time

 

Trivia Time: The answer to last week's question was 12 and 22.  This week's question is among humans, the period of time between conception and birth is called pregnancy. What is this period of time called among other mammals?  The winner will receive a baby.

 

Beat the Odds Tip:   Billy Joel said, "Only the good die young."  So be bad and you will live longer. 

 

Now I would like to tell you my top five favorite rides at the parks so you know where to spend you time.

  1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  2. Toy Story Mania
  3. Splash Mountain
  4. Space Mountain
  5. California Screamin'

There are many more that are worth experiencing but those are my top five.  Also waiting in line for an hour to see princesses is some what worth it but not really.  Mickey's house worth it!  Also watch Fantasmic it was fantastic.  Some movie that don't get any respect at the park but I love them just the same are:

    • The Great Mouse Detective
    • Sword in the Stone
    • Oliver and Company
    • Rescuers (Both)

There are probably others but that is all I can think of right now.

 

Have a good week I know I will.

Eric Jones

The Blog www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

No comments: