8.04.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.37

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.37

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

Weeks gone by, just watching the days pass by wondering why oh why oh why.  I don't know the answer to that question. All I know is that when you are young it seems like summer is an eternity.  But now it seems like summer only last a few hours.  What is this phenomenon called does it have a name if it did where would I find this name so rather than blab about it for several sentences I could just say that one word and people would say hey that is crazy.  Where is Daniel Webster when you need him?  I know I have been one to shun D.W. faster than you can say 'foot long hot dog' but sometimes you need the man.  I know I always say that he has defined so many words and now I have to use those words in that context otherwise it is 'wrong'.  What a bunch of phewy.  I think that if a person wants to use the word 'magical' to describe something mysterious then they should be able to.  Like the TV series Lost is very magical with twists and turns in every episode.  Except for the first episode of the 4th season and a few of the episodes in the 3rd season when it just seemed like the writers said, "Hey let us make an episode that does not discuss the magics of the islands." (Please note that this usage of magics means mysteries.)  See what I have started it has already made its way to Hollywood.  Seems like I should start to rewrite some of Dan Webster's work so it is easier to speak English.  Oh man if he knew what I was about to embark on he would probably try and kill me.  Maybe he already has and I have just been able to survive his attempts.  I am referring to the bike accident of '08 or the sunburn of '08.  Little does he know skin cancer will take years to ravage my body and by that time I will have already published my new and improved dictionary for the imaginative speaker.  (This dictionary will more than likely have several words misspelled because if you can say them right who needs to spell them right?)

 

Trivia Time:  Last week's winner was Jenny namely because she wanted to prize.  This week's question is a person is rowing a boat 2 miles from shore, at 5 miles per hour. Immediately on arrival at the shore he takes a taxi 5 miles down the shore, averaging 20 miles per hour. How long will this trip take?  This week's winner will receive a book of sorts.

 

Beat the odds tip: I hope that last week's tip has already come in handy.  Since Jenny and I will be going camping this week.  The tip is: If you can't find any toilet paper, "Be a man, use your hand!"

 

So summer school is 100% over and now I can just sit back and relax enjoying the summer air.  Oh wait I have to work 4-10.  What bunch of, you know what.  I would rather work 5-8 than 4-10 here is why.  First off the Governor says that the state will be saving energy.  That is true the State of Utah will be saving energy, however as a whole community we will not be saving any energy.  People will be consuming more energy. Think about, in air conditioning alone. It takes less energy to cool one big building rather than several small building.  Secondly people are going to say, "Hey I have a three day weekend I am going to go on a trip."  Where is the gas savings there?  No where come on people.  Mostly I am just angry at having to get up early and that Friday was one of my full work days during school, and now I got nothing.  I think that they only people that really enjoy this new schedule are single young adults that just want one more of drinking and doing nothing.  I think this will be short lived.  Fingers crossesd!

 

Have a good week I know I will.

Eric Jones

The Blog www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

No comments: