8.18.2008

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.39

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 3.39

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

 

            Often times through out history there have been one man/woman that has defied all of their naysayers and reached greatness.  With the Olympics in full swing sometimes we can't always see those great ones as they reach their full potential.  If you don't know who I am talking about now I am talking about the ever powerful yacht that recently bore a baby Whale.  As reported by the internet; a lost and confused whale calf has taken to nuzzling a yacht in the mistaken belief it is its mother. The heartbreaking scene in the waters off Pittwater has left National Parks and Wildlife crews fearful for the calf's future. Officers yesterday undertook a delicate rescue mission to help unite the two-week old humpback calf with another pod. The baby was spotted off the western side of Lambert Peninsula earlier this week. Confused and alone, it was attempting to nuzzle a moored yacht.  There can only be one explanation for all of this.  And that is that the yacht is actually a whale in disguise as a yacht.  Hasn't anyone seen Condor Man when his car turns into a boat?  Crazier things have happened.  If I were Australia which I am not, I would keep a close eye on this 'yacht' that says a 'confused' whale is following it.  Let that be a lesson to all of you secret agent whales, sometimes the mission is more important then the saving of your species.

 

Trivia Time:  No body got last week's question.  I guess it is because you all are too enthralled by the games themselves.   This week's question is I were in the Olympics what would be my event? 

 

Beat the odds tip: My mom really likes synchronized swimming so the beat the odds tip this week is 'Watch synchronized swimming if you ever want to eat at my mom's house again!'

 

In all seriousness.  The Olympics are awesome.  However, I am glad that they are only 2 weeks long because my old 25 year old body can no longer take the rigors of excitement.  I have decided that I have turned into my Grandma watching the Olympics.  I sit there, without the wet tissue on my ankles, and hoot and holler over who is going to win.  It is crazier how you think to yourself, "Gee she sure is a weird lady."  Then 12 years later you are almost doing the exact same thing.  But as soon as I start putting wet tissue paper on my ankles to stay cool during the Olympics I hope that I have a kid that has the ability to show me my errors.  What is a young man to do that doesn't want to do anything?

 

Have a good week I know I will.

Eric Jones

The Blog www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

 

No comments: