8.31.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.37

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.37

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

After one week of school I know now that it is time to get to bed early. It is so hard when TV tells me that I should stay awake a little while longer and enjoy some of its electric goodness. This makes me angry at Tom Edison for every figuring it out. I mean I think that life was pretty good before all that jazz of electric lights. What would life be like if we didn't have electricity? Well for one thing you would all be receiving this letter by pony express or by telegraph. For those of you that would rather read this in Morse Code here you go. ---  -- -.- --.--. ---.- --.- --..--.-- --.. -- .-- ..--  That was way easy I just kept hitting the dash and period in different sequences until I got bored of that. Also there were a couple of 'stops' in there so you knew when to start a new sentence. For those of you that can't interpret Morse Code it says, "This is best and most efficient way to talk because so few people use it now a days we only have to talk to those people." So I guess that isn't really a positive. What else would our lives be like? Well some of you wouldn't be reading this because you would have died from some sort of disease like polio or the mumps. You thought the swine flu is bad just imagine if diseases like tuberculosis or cuties were still rampant in America? So I guess electricity is 2 and no electricity is 0. One of these days I will think of one. Oh wait what about all this talk about global warming, climate change or black magic, whatever you call it. That could be avoided all together right? So I guess the score is even 2-2. The way I see it is without electricity there would be less people, that's a point and it would be a lot cooler on earth and that's another point. Also people still might think that Earth is the center of the Universe. Oh man I was born during the wrong movement.

 

Trivia Time: You all knew that punching a bear is not a good idea; however, a koala bear is free game.  This week's question is a riddle try to figure out what I am. You throw away the outside and cook the inside, then you eat the outside and throw away the inside, what am I?

 

Beat the Odds Tip: Don't drink a lot of soda before or during a meeting with long winded people.

 

Today was the first day in a long time that I ate a Fiber One bar. You know those commercials of people eating their fiber and it is like 1/3 of their daily need for fiber. I would hate be around the people that have eaten that much fiber. It is like a war inside of me and the fiber wants out and there is no hope for me. Oh wait not having electricity is now ahead 3-2 because without electricity they wouldn't be able to make those bars subsequently making my belly hurt and bowels scream for freedom.

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: