11.16.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.48 (A light read for light readers)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.48

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

In light of this week's past events, Veteran's Day, Jenny and I went down to St. George to visit her grandpa who is a WWII Veteran. Really it was just a coincidence. However, I don't know if it is because I have a baby in the car now or if I am just too old to drive with this young irresponsible kids but cars sure are going fast these days. And they don't seem to have any regard for me or my personal driving space. Anyway the point is people are stupid. But the real point is that RSL, our local soccer team, which I had to explain several times on Saturday as I cheered with jubilee (the emotion not the mutant), won the Eastern Conference Finals and now they are on their way to Seattle to play in the MLS Cup. That is the championship game for those of you that do not know. Before the big game on Saturday my brother and I were talking about how cool it would be to take a road trip to watch game there in Seattle. I think that we both thought they weren't going to win so saying that meant nothing really. But they won and now the talks have to get serious. I think that more logical heads prevailed and we decided that going there on a whim was not a wise a decision and very time consuming. We could keep the cost down pretty easily because we had a place to sleep for free and with a fuel efficient car we could have been up there and back with minimal amounts of gas being consumed. But having driven that distance once before we realized that we would get back to Utah just in time to change and go to work. So I think that we have decided just to have a big party at my Dad's house. We haven't told him yet but I am sure it is okay.

 

Trivia Time: Dan said every 4 hours I person should sleep and Tim said that a person needs 4 hours of sleep. Also Dan went above and beyond with this week's trivia because not only did he answer the question but he sent my boss an email explaining that I need more time to sleep during the day because a person should sleep every 4 hours, according to him. Dan is not a sleep doctor but I would pay him a lot of moneys to tell me that. You can read his email below. This week's question is what was the most important war in American history? (This question does not condone war)

 

Beat the Odds Tip: Being cool is easy, being lame requires self-pride.

 

Subject: Eric Jones' Naptime

 

Hello Mr Erick Lotz, (His real name is Eric Klotz but Dan didn't know where the division was in email address and I didn't tell him.)

 

My name is Dan Sorensen. I am a close friend of Eric Jones', a working man who is employed by the state and works underneath you. Eric and I actually became friends when I bought a shirt off his back in high school in the middle of lunch period. Needless to say, we are close.

 

I'm not sure if you are familiar with Eric's weekly newsletter Ravings of a Mad Man, but he recently posed the question, "How long can a human go with out sleeping" or something like that. The correct answer is four hours. That is why I'm writing you. I thought you should know that Eric needs his naps every 4 hours or he will probably get cranky. If you don't believe me, ask him about BD - oh wait, that was our friend Russ who is always grouchy. Just trust me on this one. It will be a lot better for everyone.

 

I appreciate your time and consideration in this matter. No need to thank me for this e-mail. I'm here to serve my fellow man and make the world a better place. That said, you should give Eric a raise.

 

Regards,

 

Dan Sorensen

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: