11.23.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.49 (Without RSL we would all just be losers)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.49

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

My cheeks hurt, I have been smiling since last night around 9:45 PM. I can't believe a team made the playoffs on the last day of the season is now the current MLS champions. It was such an impressive game for RSL. They started off slow and really looked bad but something clicked and they came alive. For those of you that watched the game they put up a stat that said "RSL 83% LA 17%" that was % possession over a ten minute period. To have the ball that much more than the other team is ridiculous. It was in that time period that they scored their goal. I was very impressed with how hard they tried. Effort was the difference maker in the game. I did however, feel really bad for Andy Williams, who really is only built to run for 75 minutes. Having to run, this includes sprinting and jogging, which is harder than just jogging, for 120 minutes is not an easy task. The spirit is willing but sometimes the body can't do it. You know you are done when you go to pick up your leg and you think, "Did somebody just stab me the thigh?" That is when you know you have been running too long. Anyway, poor Andy had two opportunities to win the game but just couldn't do it. Luckily the shortest goal keeper in the league made some ridiculous saves as RSL became the champs. The only thing I wish is that I did a snow angel in celebration. What could be better?

 

Trivia Time: I guess Danny was right because he said some sort of futuristic war is the most important in American History.  This week's question is how long can a person smile without looking crazy?

 

Beat the Odds Tip: Always bet on Red!

 

It is official Rivalry week! I am so excited because I can used to winning. I think that I will keep cheering for a winning team for at least another week. This year's game doesn't hold as much intrigue as last year's game but the winner will more than likely play USC in Las Vegas so that is pretty cool if you ask me. Also unlike last year Utah just isn't as good so now the playing field is level between the two schools. BYU has not improved since last season so all Utah has to do is be just a little worse than last year and they will still win by multiple touchdowns. Really here is what the game plan should be, Utah blitz Max Hall then hit him and hit him hard. Then he says, "My mom is going to be pissed that you are hitting me." Then Max will start to pout on the sideline and then he will throw some ill-advised passes and those will turn into Robert Johnson interceptions. It ain't easy being good.

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: