12.14.2009

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.52 (doing things right the first time is hard)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 4.52

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

This is the last week of the fifth volume (the first volume didn't have a number). The thing about it is for a weekly letter that started as a joke quickly moved into a media by which I can express the on goings inside my head. We, you and me, have been through a lot through the years. I have made some crazy promises made some out landish predictions told some crazy stories about me and my family. All in all I just tried to write down information or stories that made you go 'hmmm'. I have entered in text from journal as a kid I have told you stories and thoughts that might have gotten us killed if we lived in China. Or not, really I am just trying to hype up the old stuff more than what deserves. I hope that all of you that read this enjoy it as much I enjoy taking time to scribble some of my thoughts on paper, digital paper. Oh I forgot there was a time when I tried to read my newsletter and send that out with the letter but it didn't work out. I have been married had a child graduated from college only to go back to college for more punishment. I have been to foreign countries, foreign cities and eaten foreign food (most of them cooked by my wife). I have wasted a lot of time thinking of things to write wasted a lot of your time as you read what I thought about then wrote. I hope to waste more time and more of your time. I know of several people that at first accepted the newsletter read it once or twice and then asked not to receive it anymore. I am fine with that. But for those of you that do read it and make mention of it to me if only you knew how that makes me feel. Also if only you knew how much bigger my ego gets every time I hear that you would probably stop telling me that you read it. Life has been good to us over these past few years. And to think if I hadn't told a lie to a girl that I had only known for a few hours we wouldn't be here. Who knows maybe I would have cured some sort of disease had I put all this brain power to something more important than a silly newsletter. I don't plan on stopping writing this letter because every week something amazing happens that either I tell you about or tell you about what I was thinking when it happened. Hopefully someday this letter will make me better at writing, but until that day you all will have to continue using your decoder rings in order to read what I am thinking. I promise that volume 5 will have more excitement more crazy stories, more crazy thoughts that leave us all wondering, 'why did he say that?'

 

Trivia Time: The Christmas movie is Jingle All the Way. This week's question is what is you favorite Christmas tradition? (Jenny is enjoying my favorite tradition)

 

Beat the Odds Tip: Headaches suck.

 

This is the week of the big day. I have the place reserved and we are good to go. I am putting the list of people that have said they are coming so look it over and if it looks right then we are cool. Also remember that I paid the Laser Quest already so you will be paying me on Saturday. I don't accept credit cards but I do accept cash and check. It is $16.50 per person. We don't have more than 30 people so everybody has to play all three games or at least pay for all three games. I need to know on the maybes. If you said 'maybe' to be nice but really you mean 'no' then I need to know so I can plan accordingly. Really what it is my wife and I like to eat food so we can't be paying for people other than ourselves. Also if you know somebody else that would love to laser tag and would for sure show up let me know and they can get in on the action.

 

Here is the list

  1. Eric Jones
  2. Jennifer Jones
  3. Danny Harris
  4. Amanda Harris
  5. Mickael Sorensen
  6. Your Wife Mike?
  7. Danny Sorensen
  8. Emi Sorensen
  9. Zach Josie
  10. La Vampira
  11. Russell Lonczyna
  12. Jdub
  13. Chris Wright
  14. Kim Wright
  15. Corey Bruse
  16. Brady Jones
  17. Colton
  18. Maile Jansen
  19. Brianna Jansen
  20. Mario Costanzo
  21. Mario +1
  22. Dan Scott
  23. Carter Chase ?
  24. Lady Chase?
  25. Jordon Jones?
  26. Rachael Bateman?
  27. Sage Sawyer?
  28. Steven Winder?
  29. Kent Jones?
  30. Nobody Yet

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: