1.04.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.2

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.2

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

So this past week I didn't write a letter for two reasons, well one reason. I didn't get out of bed until 8:30 AM and I had to go to Logan at 9:00 AM for my Grandma's birthday. All in all we all won because you didn't have to read the letter and I brushed my teeth that morning. Since Christmas came and went Jenny and I have been busy trying to keep up with the Jones and play with all of our new toys. You know, Super Mario Bros. for the Wii and other Wii games that consume a lot of time. I have had several late nights playing Mario Bros. hoping that I could beat it. I have an announcement, I beat it and all of the hours I spent beating it were well worth it. As I look to the future I think about how what I learned while playing the game and how that knowledge will benefit my life. I am pretty sure at some point in my life I am going to run into a skeleton koopa and will have to ice him. I think what I just explained was metaphorical. I know that I will never be able to ice a skeleton koopa. Not in this body at least. The point of this paragraph is Christmas was good, I love Christmas because it is a time to reflect about who you are and why you are the way you are. Oh and my parents got us a flip camera and it is awesome. Go Christmas!

 

Trivia Time: This week's question is how many days does it take to give up on your new year's resolution?

 

Beat the Odds Tip: Pain only hurts if you let it

 

Let the Birthday beard commence, was what I was going to say to all today since it is a new year and it has become a tradition to grow a beard celebrating my birth. Jenny and I had an interesting conversation concerning my birthday beard. She told me that she hates when I grow a beard because I look like a homeless person. To which I respond, "Would a homeless person be able to do back-flip on an empty stomach?" The answer is no people. I don't look homeless I look tough. Or maybe I look like a healthy homeless person. The point is Jenny made some good arguments for me not to grow a beard. So maybe I will just grow one for two weeks instead of two weeks. I guess boss will have to tell me what I can and can't do.

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: