3.15.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.10 (Sick = not cool)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.10

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 These first few sentences are not for the faint of heart. I am sorry that this is coming to you so late but I have been at home today trying to get over this cold/flu thing that we are all getting. I have been grossing myself out with the smell of my flatulence. I don't understand how this is possible because I thought that you were supposed to be able to tolerate your own stink. I guess that only works on healthy stinks. Anywho I have been making edits to my thesis that Dr. Burian sent me yesterday. If it was the old days and the whole process wasn't digital then I am pretty sure my document would no longer be on white paper. It would be red. But I guess that is for the best, he knows what is up and I just know what is down. Or something likes that. Another positive of being sick is the meds man. It is like they are manna from heaven. Every time I am sick I can understand why people do drugs. But alas cold medicine is good enough for me. I love the dreams that Nyquil gives me and so does Jenny. I also love the moments before the cold medicine starts to take over and you can feel it pumping through your veins and you feel super human. I guess that is what people feel like when they do PCP. I think that the drug that makes seemingly weak men strong. Anyway enough drug talk. Let's just say I have watched the first two Mission Impossible movies today and wished I could get my hands on number 3. You know to complete the trilogy.

Trivia Time: Too much chocolate is when you die from eating chocolate, thanks for the clarification Dan. This week's question is what team will win March Madness? This will be the same question for the next three weeks.

 

Beat the Odds Tip: This mission just got a lot more impossiblier.

So it is that time of year again. March Madness baby and I am once again putting together the Doritos Bracket. If you want in then you can send me an email. If you win the bracket then you get a bag of Doritos from the losers. Last year the Father won he picked North Carolina and now he is addicted to Doritos. I think that fact alone is proof that cheese is hands down the single most addicting substance on this earth. Some might say it a drug like heroin but it is cheese don't be fooled and tell you senator to keep cheese deregulated. That way we can get all the cheese we want (Laughter). What was I talking about? Oh yeah March Madness. I think Ohio St will go far but I can't say if I think they are going to win. Also I think that the Orange Men of Syracuse are going down and they are going down early. They don't have what it takes. Hopefully BYU can pull out a win but I will be playing the odds and bet against them. If they can make it to the third round then they will play here in Salt Lake where magic happens. (Jenny told me to be positive about everything even BYU, but I can't be positive about everything because not everybody is going to be a champion. What is this little league?)

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: