3.22.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.11 (Does anybody have an extra lunch?)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.11

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

One good reason to not turn in my thesis was the soda. I love soda but as I have discussed this in the past I also understand how harmful it is to my body and Jenny would say more importantly my teeth. Doesn't Jenny know that in the future teeth won't matter? Because food will be in pill form and dentures will be cheap and made of some sort of plastic that can easily bond to your gums and you will still be able to eat apples, no problem. Anyway I am off soda again. However, the last time I quit soda I gained weight and body hair. So soda can't be that bad can it? I am only talking about this because it is Monday and I am tired but when you couple in the absence of soda oh man I am having a case of the Mondays. I got out of bed later than I was supposed to so I couldn't enjoy my shower. That is not the worst of it, after carefully heating up my lunch I thought I should go outside and enjoy this wonderful day. As I skipped down the stairs, I was literally skipping. This might have been biggest mistake. As I got down to the second floor, I don't know what happened, the last thing I remember is explicative words and my lunch on the floor. I thought to myself it is okay, just pick it up and eat it without looking. I looked and there were like these little hairs on the noodles. Not even I could eat it. Man now what do I do good thing I keep a secret stash of Gobstoppers and other candies in my desk. But that won't hold me over. Maybe I will go outside and join the people that beg for money they seem to make enough for a daily coffee and donut.

 

Trivia Time: Well for those that thought Kansas was going to win you're wrong also the small percentage that thought BYU was going to win were also wrong. I guess statistics are no match for athletics. I will say good job to BYU for their effort they did better than I thought they would. This week's question who do you think will win the tournament now? If you are thinking West Virginia I would have to say you are probably right.

 

Beat the Odds Tip: Running too fast can lead to sore muscles; that is why I walk slowly, very slowly. Almost robotic like.

 

So for those of you that have been watching the tournament you have been enjoying one of the greatest tournaments since 1998. For those of you that don't know 1998 is when Utah went to the final game only to lose to Kentucky. Many people think Kentucky will win the whole thing. I don't know about that. Here is the Final Four I want to see Cornell vs St. Mary's and N. Iowa vs Butler. Just whole bunch white guys fighting it out. There wont be any dunking just crisp passing and smooth outside shooting. I think that it would get the worst ratings ever and the NCAA then would start talk about they might go out of business etc. I don't know all I can think about is that spoon full of noodles I put in my mouth that may or may not have had microbial bacteria on it. Should I go get my stomach pumped? I think I will wait it out and if my body says it bad then I am in for a fun Jazz game tonight.

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: