3.29.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.12 (Frankie is sick)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.12

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

So you all with kids know that they love play with stuff they are not supposed to. You know like electrical outlets, knives, dogs fur, and car keys. I keep telling Jenny that she shouldn't let Gigi play with her purse stuff because, for those of you that know Jenny, know that she can get tunnel vision pretty easily. This is also a good quality because I say that I said something when really I didn't. But anyway on Friday night the 19th Jenny came home from the store and Gigi was happy to see her or her purse on the ground. Instantly she pulled the car keys out of the purse and was off. I told Jenny to get the keys back from her then I got lost in the basketball games. Jenny never retrieved the keys from Gigi. The next morning Jenny was going to leave to a girl party I don't really remember basketball was on. Anywho, we couldn't find the keys and Gigi was not talking. I kept asking her where the keys were and she just giggled or got made that I picked her up. She is very independent. We looked quickly and couldn't find the keys so Jenny used the back up keys. I continued to look for the keys but like I have been saying, basketball was on and my attention was on the great games. We looked for several days and couldn't find them. We generated some pretty awesome scenarios about could have happened to keys. Gigi loves toilets so we thought that maybe she flushed them down the drain. Jenny was sure that Gigi put the keys outside and somebody or something picked them and was waiting for the best opportunity to steal our Nintendo (our only portable thing of value). When Jenny said that something might have picked the keys outside I immediately began to think about a crow/raven picking up the keys and flying off. This is for two reasons, Jenny's keys are heavy so the bird needs to be big to carry the keys and you can never trust a crow. A whole week pasted and we had overturned everything from the couch to the piano but we couldn't see the keys anywhere. Then we decided to do the laundry. No the keys were not in the dirty clothes we both checked there multiple times. Also we used a black-light to track Gigi's movements through the house but that didn't help. Alas Jenny went to put a towel in the washer that we have in the kitchen to clean up after the dogs and there were the keys. Gigi hid them under there and went on her merry way laughing about the fast one she pulled over on her parents.

 

Trivia Time: What did I tell you about West Virginia? This week's question is out of the Final Four who will win the whole thing?

 

Beat the Odds Tip: Winning is fun. You know coach says, "It's not worth winning unless you win big."

 

I just came from the veterinary clinic and I am sad because Jenny called me this afternoon around 12:30 to tell me that Frankie was walking funny. Jenny sounded really sad on the phone so I went home to see what was happening. For those of you that don't know Frankie (the white one) he is a crazy dog always jumping and running around and doing something. He hardly ever sits still unless you are petting him. There is always something that needs to be investigated or something that needs to be barked at. When I arrived home Jenny let him outside and usually he would greet me with a bark and a wag of the tail. This time was different there was no bark and there was no wagging, he just stumbled toward me dragging his little hind paws behind him. It was one of the saddest things I have ever seen. To a creature so full of life limp around struggling to put one paw in front of the other. Jenny I decided that we aren't familiar enough with dog anatomy to handle the problem so we took him to our vet. We are yet to hear anything about his condition. They said he would call around 3:30 PM so we are just waiting for the call. We know he is going to be okay and running around like he always does in no time.

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: