6.15.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.22 (Being sick is on the not cool list)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.22

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

This morning as I lay in bed next to Jenny contemplating if I had enough strength to put on pants and go to work I got some hints from Jenny that if I didn't go to work my life would probably be really miserable (She hinted that I would doing manual labor most of the day). I guess she didn't want to take care of two toddlers. After arriving at work I told Jenny that there were several moments on the way to work that I was unsure if I was going to make it to work in the same cleanliness state that I started the trip in. I apologize for some of the imagery that is being used, however if Mrs. Jackman were grading this with imagery in mind she would probably give it a solid D or maybe a C-. So it can't be that bad, can it? The point is all too often in the recent history I have been choosing the lesser of two evils and I think that I have been coming out on top. For instance I am not a Celtics but cheering for them is way better then cheering for any of that filthiness that is the Los Angeles Lakers. Doesn't it just make you mad when Kobe flays around like a fish out of water and gets a foul call? I know I was super mad about it. I either want to see the Celtics blow the Lakers away by at least 60 points or I want to see it be a really close game and at the end of the game Ron Artest takes the game tying shot only to miss it miserably. Then he goes crazy and beats Kobe up so he (Kobe) can never play again. It could happen people. I am glad to see that Celtic fans are just as classless as the U of U fans. No class whatsoever. If you missed it at the end of the game a fan threw a beer onto the court while Kobe was shooting his free throws. Awesome. Also I heard that some LA fans were harassed after the game. Just classless. What has this sporting world come to? Can't we all just get along?

 

Trivia Time: This week's question is after the first weekend of the World Cup, who do you think will win?

 

Guess the Injury: Last week's injury I cut my hand climbing a tree. This week's injury is a classic from like 10 years ago. A small cut about two inches long above my left eye. When it happened I was soaking wet and some what cold but it was the end of July. I don't remember much else just that everything was hunky dory until my adolescent mind told my adolescent body to try something that seemed impossible but was worth a try any way. Youth, it is wasted on the young.

 

The USA did well against those pesky Brits. But they still have to work hard in order to make it of group play. There are several scenarios that could happen but the most likely scenario is the USA winning both of the remaining games but not out scoring England. Ergo they will be second in the group and will have to play Germany in the round of 16. If you recall the last time the USA made it out of group play in 2002 they played Germany. The Germans cheated by the way. A defender used his hand to stop the ball from going into the goal. The goal would have tied the game so the USA could have still lost the game but you never know. USA lost and was out of the tournament, Germany won and oh yeah they took second that year. What a bunch of cheats. This year is going to be different (evil laugh).

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: