7.12.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.25

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.25

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

So it will be another 4 years until the World Cup Finals in Brazil. It will be another 4 years until I can wake up watch some soccer then watch some more soccer then for a night cap I can watch the highlights of soccer that was played that day. Spain was the winner which means I didn't the bracket. I am beginning to think that my luck is starting to wear off. But then I looked in the mirror and said, "Hello there handsome." Luck restored it is not every day you see somebody that looks this good. I am pretty lucky to be able to see me every day. Who am I kidding? I am lucky because the Jazz are going to win the championship this year. Actually this is the first year since Stockton and Malone retired that I have had absolutely no hope for the Jazz. Maybe in 3 years they will be able to put together a championship team. We all know the best thing for this season is to have Derron fake an injury so we can get a really good pick next year. But knowing our luck AK47 will have a ridiculous season and the front office will say we have to pay him 20 million a year until he can't run anymore.

 

Trivia Time: Magic beans are way better than a goofy white guy. This week's question is if your office is hotter than outside shouldn't you just work outside?

 

This has been one busy summer for Jenny and I. We have done more stuff this summer than I did for most of summers in my junior high career. Thinking about what we have accomplished as made me ponder and reflect on what I consider to be my best summers. There was the summer in fourth grade when we went on a half-cross-country road driving from Utah to Kansas City then up to Mt. Rushmore (must visit) then through scenic Wyoming (can skip, no offense to those that live in Wyoming). But that was an okay summer compared to summer before High School started for me. I set some very specific goals that summer. I wanted to learn how to whistle using my hands. You know, either whistles like a train or whistle really loud like I was a New Yorker (on TV) trying to hail a cab. The other goal I had was to be able to beat Zelda on Super Nintendo (arguably the best video game on a home console ever made) in under 3 hours. That summer was a success because not only did accomplish my goals but I also had a season pass to Raging Waters. Oh man life was good but quickly took a nose dive when I went to High School. There were so many tough kids that didn't seem to be impressed with my whistle skills or my ability to safe Princess Zelda in less than three hours. Also I didn't muscles, facial hair or underarm hair. I don't even know how I made it out of my sophomore year alive. I only bring this up because I don't have to go back to school this year, which means this high from summer festivities is going to carry me until Halloween Let's face it the year is practically over once Halloween is here. Quick side note this past week Netflix added Futurama to its instant queue so this is the best summer ever! Another fact proving that this is the best summer ever: this week James Taylor in concert and to finish the summer off right, Willie Nelson. Life is good!

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com

No comments: