7.19.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.26 (The James Taylor Concert was totally awesome)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.26
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt
-Mark Twain

Well this is the week of the big Jones festivities. This year is a Western theme. I am super excited but due to some prior promises I made to Jenny my cowboy mustache will not be part of the family jokes this year. However, last night as Jenny talked about how we are going to buy some dollar store six shooters and hopefully other cheap cowboy apparel she dared me to one hell of a dare. She says to me she says, "Eric I dare you to try and find some cowboy boots at the DI or Savers and I dare you to wear them all weekend long." I told her that was a dare I could participate in. So after I am done typing this up I am off to the downtown DI to scope out some of the sweet deals they have. We all know that if you are going to find cowboy boots the downtown DI is the place to start. Ok I have to come clear up one thing. Jenny didn't dare me to anything last night. How it really happened was she was brushing her teeth and I was talking. I find that talking to her while she brushes her teeth is the best because crazy ideas come into my head and what is she going to do, stop brushing to stop me from talking? If you answered 'yes' to this question you don't know my wife. Once she starts brushing her teeth she doesn't stop for at least 5 minutes. In 5 minutes I can say lots of crazy stuff. So I told her that I was going to shop for cheap cowboy boots at the DI and Savers. Then I said I would wear them all weekend even in the race that we have at the end of the funness (That's a word). Then to solidify what I said I held out my hand for a conformation shake (I like to shake hands with Jenny before she has time to think about what I said). She shook on it, I got scared and said I would rather have a truth but knowing the rules of truth or dare I knew that I had to do the dare or suffer the consequences of eternal damnation.

Trivia Time: What is a more appropriate Pioneer snack, apples or buffalo chips?

Once in a blue moon comes a movie that is so innovative that it makes you think about the movie for days, no weeks, no years after you have seen it. I am telling you that because this past weekend Jenny and I went and saw two movies. One movie blew our minds the other movie just made us angry. The Sorcerer's Apprentice is probably the worst Disney movie ever made. It is never good when a movies best actor is Nicholas Cage. Enough said about that movie, we wouldn't have seen it but we got a good deal on tickets. The other movie we saw was Inception oh boy was that movie fantastic. Christopher Nolan is a master of mind blowing. From his early work I have been hooked on the storyteller that is C.N. Inception from the beginning has you asking, "What the hell is going on?" This internal questioning doesn't stop after the movie is over either. Jenny and I have been debating some of the goings on from the movie since we left the theater. I will just say that you need to go into the theater knowing that you are going to leave the theater satisfied and completely confused. This movie will never have an explanation which is how it should be. Go to the movie enjoy and when you want to sit around discuss things that are both crazy and awesome (aka crazy awesome) you can contact me and we will discuss this movie and other C.N. movies.

Have a good week I know I will
Eric Jones

No comments: