11.15.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.41 (There are 3 types of lies: Lies, damn lies and statistics - Benjamin Disraeli) (Please note there are no statistics in this letter just facts)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.41
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt
-Mark Twain

Last night while I was at my in-laws I realized that humans have always done stupid stuff because most of the time we are naive to some aspect of the world. I have fallen victim to this idea several times in my life. But as I sat and ponder life's little funny happenings which is what I normally do when I read the Quilted Northern Bathroom book. Which is delightful, if you don't have a copy you should pick one up and read it. I digress, in this book there are fun facts about who said what and who did what and what was invented. Last night I read about the invention of Flubber a silly putty type toy that provided more than just hours of fun. It provided hours of sore throats and rashes too. But the best part is when they recalled the product they couldn't destroy it because it would have done environmental damage. So what did they do? They buried it and put a parking lot over it so nobody would get a rash from it again. This is not what I want to talk about, the item I read about last night was way better than this little gem I just told you. Picture this 1975 Disco is booming people are swinging into good times and what is at the center of all of this? A nice time at home with the family playing board games. What better game to play than a game that involves strategy either offensive or defensive and pure enjoyment. The commercial I found online says it is a game that can be enjoyed by the whole family. The game is a square board that has these balls connected to springs connected to the board. The objective of the game is to move your balls into a location where you can hit the other people's balls and knock them off the board. The idea sounds exciting, sounds like something I would enjoy playing. However, the thing I would like to point out about the game is the name. The game is called Ball Buster. The name is fitting but it just doesn't work in our society, maybe in the 1930's but not in the 1970's. I would like to meet who ever came up with this game because I could probably steal money from them or have them do stuff for me without me doing anything for them. I believe the phrase is "take advantage of." Yeah I could take advantage of them. Anywho enjoy the commercial.

Trivia Time: People like movies that represent themselves. What is the secret to all life's problems?

How about them Utah Jazz? I am currently eating Pizza and bread sticks because the Jazz went 4 – 0 on their road trip. Who would have thought? I told my office mate if the Jazz went 2 – 2 then I would buy us ice cream if they went 3 – 1 then I would buy us ice cream and a candy bar. Then he asked what if they go 4 – 0 I said I would buy us pizza and here we are enjoying some nice pizza. Oh the sweet taste of victory. It is way better than the agony of defeat. So what I have decided is that if the Jazz win the championship this season I will host a laser tag party. I will try and pay for everybody but if I can't then I will just provide the awards after the game is over. I know that everybody is cheering for our Jazz to go all the way so the night of laser tag is just a little more incentive to cheer a little bit louder. I hope at the end of the season the Jazz have won about 60 games and that the Lakers have lost all of their good players and the Jazz go into the championship series and sweep the Miami Heat in 4 games. Oh that would be so sweet. I would probably take a week off work and just make carpet angels until I had sores all over my back. And I had bald spot on the back of my head. I just remember last year how awesome it was when Real won the MLS cup so I can only imagine how much more magical it would be if the Jazz finally win the NBA championship. Oh I can already see Boozer crying about not being on the Jazz this year. Then his eyes get so teary that he can't see and he falls out of bed injuring his tail bone and he has to sit out the next five years of contract. That would be awesome.

Have a good week I know I will
Eric Jones


--
This message was approved by Eric Jones

No comments: