12.13.2010

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.45 (Oh man only 11 days to shop for gifts)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 5.45
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt
-Mark Twain

As Christmas nears one should always reflect upon whom you are regardless if you are religious or not. It is a perfect time to look out your window and stare at the world with an idea of new beginnings. They say a life is merely a compilation of experiences and how you react to those experiences. I have had many experiences in my life that have led me to where I am now. Some might argue that I have done well; some might argue that I have done poorly and others would say who cares. All I know is that there are people around me that have reacted very well to their life's situations and I can only look to them for inspiration as I attempt to push forward in my life. I am fortunate to take part in the lives of several people that are good and that are constantly amazing me how they chose to play their hand with the cards they have been dealt. More often than not I am reminded of no matter how hard you try you cannot deny that we are all connected somehow. Everything you do could potentially affect somebody else's life. I just hope that in this season of pondering and reflections I can reflect on how I have impacted people's lives. And if I have impacted their lives negatively I hope that I can repair the damages I have inflicted on them. Now if only we could get the Utah Jazz players (in particular CJ Miles) to think that same way, my life would be better. I don't want you to think that this whole thing was about sports but doesn't it seem like the fans care more than the players? I digress; the point of this paragraph is to hopefully help people become more kind hearted this Christmas season. I think that I have the furthest to go out of anybody that is going to read this. This is because I think that 90% of the people in the world are idiots. So my only hope is that by the end of this Christmas season that percentage will be reduced to like 88%.

Trivia Time: I guess I should have asked which volume of Neil Diamond's Christmas albums is better. What is the best all time Christmas song? Could it be this rendition of Once in Royal David's City?

Well it was another successful year of lasers and Christmas. We had a good turnout despite all of the cancelations that occurred. This year we handed out awards with prizes. I thought that I would be able to calculate who performed well, who performed poorly and who was average. But alas I didn't have enough time. So I recommend that if you have a laser tag party where you give out prizes just do what we ended up doing which was randomly assigning the recipient of the awards and prizes. It seemed like that went over really well. I would like to extend a special thank you to Brenda Taylor who supplied that majority of the prizes. They included pants, sweatshirts, vegetable crisper inserts, a lamp, hand towels, water bottles, and table décor. We also supplied some nicer gifts giving out big bags of candy for the "good" players. Really two of the three "good" players were just randomly assigned. Devin won for hardest to kill because he was very good at legally covering up his targets and he was fast and smaller than the other players so it was hard to get a mental image of where his targets were. Alex won for best shot because she walked into the room when I was looking for the recipient of that award. Mike won for best overall player because despite equipment malfunctions he won 2 of the 3 games. There wasn't an award for this but Danny would have received most surprising award because of how poorly he played. Also another award that should have been given was jerky play. That would have gone to my brother who was using his 8-year old son as a shield during the first game. I think when he saw that his son took last place he felt bad. Well one could only hope that he felt bad. If he didn't then I think he should be reported to child services. The only thing that can be said is until next time friends. Laser Tag Christmas 2011 will blow your minds. At least I hope it does.

Have a good week I know I will
Eric Jones

--
This message was approved by Eric Jones

No comments: