2.10.2011

Today's News (I emailed this out at 3:15PM 2/10/11 to my entire office)

Hello fellow employees,
 
By now I can only assume that you have heard the news, our beloved Jerry Sloan has decided to resign as the head coach of the Utah Jazz. I do not have any power do this but if you feel so inclined to go home early please do so. It will be better that you head home now while the shock of the news is driving your bodily functions. Take a few hours to yourself and come back on Monday ready to get to work in true Jerry Sloan fashion. I thought it appropriate to include some statistics about Coach Sloan at this time.
 
Jerry Sloan as a coach:   Wins   Loses
Chicago Bulls 1979-1982  94      121
Utah Jazz 1988-2011       1127   682
                   Total           1221  803
 
It was a pretty amazing career. If you need a hug don't come to me but you could probably hug somebody around here. Keep your head up we will pull out of this together. Again I repeat if you need to you can take the remainder of the day off. (I have no authority to authorize the use of leave)
 
Thanks,
 
Eric Jones
 

No comments: