4.25.2011

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 6.10 (Warning there is a lot of nerd stuff this week so be prepared)

                     Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 6.10
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt
-Mark Twain

So there are moments in my life where I look at what is going on and I think to myself, “Yep things are pretty good and they are almost as I had envisioned them.” The last moment I had like that was just a few Saturdays ago when our little family woke up from our slumber Jenny and I were both too tired to get out of bed so we let little Gigi out of her room and she of course ran into our room to get into bed with us. To keep her from throwing all of our stuff onto the floor I decided to put in a movie. Since the only movies we had in our room at the time were Clue, Ghostbusters and Empire Strikes Back I chose the obvious one of the three and put in the Empire Strikes Back. We started watching it right after Han Solo gets frozen in carbon, this is where I had left off several days before. So there we were, Jenny (partially asleep only waking when Gigi would jump on her) Gigi (intently watching the Empire seek its revenge on the Rebels) myself (Also intently watching that pesky Empire do its thing) Roscoe, (I think he was playing Solitaire or something on the iPad) and Frankie (still curled up under the covers, he is so hard to wake up not even the mystery of who Luke’s father is could get him out of bed) watching the Empire Strikes Back and as I looked at our little family I thought, “I am about 98% sure that I envisioned this when I was 14 years old. The only thing that would have made it better is if we all had Lightsabers and during the fight scenes we tried to re-enact the same scenes. I of course would have been Darth Vader, Jenny would have been Princess Leia, Roscoe would have been Chewbacca, Frankie would have been C-3PO and Gigi would have been R2-D2. We are missing a Luke and Han Solo character I guess we better have more kids so we can make all of my dreams come true. The only other thing that could have made the morning better is if somebody else besides Darth Vader had to make breakfast. I call when we Watch Return of the Jedi that I get to be Jabba the Hutt but not when he goes down just big guy that gets to eat a lot and sit there.

Trivia Time: There were a few votes for the Heat but I still think the Jazz can win this NBA in 2011. How much will RSL win by on Wednesday night?

Does anybody else use the sensor air fresheners? You know they are the ones that you can set so they spray every few minutes. Well Jenny got a bucket full for free or nearly free after she did some couponing and junk. We are onto our second one, the first model was small and the spray didn’t seem to bother me too much but the new model we have makes me feel like I am Frodo entering Mordor. I have to sneak in do my business and sneak out or Sauron will see me and send his Orc armies after me and there is no way me and my pal Sam could defeat an entire Orc army. For those that are unfamiliar with the Lord of the Rings Mordor is where Frodo has to the take the ring to destroy it and there is the all seeing evil eye Sauron waiting there to ensure that he can gain control of the ring. The air freshener (Sauron) also makes a noise like an old man is sneezing, so not only is this sensor the evil overlord Sauron but it sounds like there is an old man in our house sneezing. It is very creepy but on the positive side I have now labeled the rooms in our house based on locations in Middle Earth (Where the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings stories take place). We have of course the bathroom where Sauron is, aka Mordor. We have Jenny’s and mine bedroom I have called one half of it Rohan and the other half where Jenny’s clothes are is Gondor. Gigi’s bedroom of course is the Shire. We have the kitchen aka Rivendell or the elven outpost and the front room is Lothlorien or the fairest elven forest. Everything outside is Fangorn (this is where Treebeard lives). The crawl space is Moria or the vast network of underground tunnels you know where the dwarf people “rule” and then when they try to escape Gandolf the Gray gets taken down by the Balrog duh come on people this is common knowledge stuff here. My neighbor’s yard to the North is where the dead army lives. I just threw that one in there. Also please note that these are not based on geographic location more they are based on sentiment of the on goings inside the rooms.

Have a good week I know I will
Eric Jones

No comments: