5.09.2011

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 6.12 (A note for all you worriers)

                     Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 6.12
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt
-Mark Twain
So this week there will be more billboard observations. While driving I saw a billboard that says you should dial 911 at first sign of a stroke. I don’t know what the first signs of a stroke are so I used Google and found the following. After the signs I will have short examples of when I think you should call 911 and when I think you should just wait it out.
  • Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
  • Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
  • Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
  • Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
  • Sudden, severe headache with no known cause
For bullet #1: You wake up in the middle of the night and you know that you still have an arm or a leg or a face but you can’t feel them you should probably just wait it out. Give it a few minutes before you dial 911. If the numbness persists for a long time then you should dial 911. TIP: Try changing how you were laying in bed.
#2: If you are at a presentation about nanotechnology and you can’t understand what is being discussed then you should probably just leave the presentation. But if you are the presenter at the same presentation and you can’t understand what you are discussing then you should probably dial 911 because it might me a stroke.
#3: If you were recently crying, either induced from something sad or laughing and your tears are blurring your vision or you can’t see then you should just wait it out. But if you are using heavy machinery and then boom your vision goes you should probably call 911, because that is a double whammy.
#4: If you are playing a backyard game that involves spinning around in fast circles you should probably wait it out. But if you are walking to the store and all of sudden you fall to the ground without being pushed, tripping or a bird attacking you it is time to dial 911.
#5: No known cause pretty much ruins my fun. But we could ask if you know what is causing your severe headache why the heck are you doing that?
Hopefully these examples have been helpful as you go about your daily routines. I know I will be dialing 911 a lot less now that I understand the difference of good dizzy and bad dizzy. Also I always thought that smelling something burning was a sign of a stroke but that wasn’t on there. So now I guess the burning I smell at lunch time really is somebody burning food and not a stroke so I will put down the phone.

Trivia Time: With the Lakers gone who will be the new NBA Champion? I have been cheering for the Thunder I guess they want me to stop cheering for them.

I just wanted to say that Moms are pretty great and I don’t know where I would be if I didn’t have a mom. Well, one thing is for sure I wouldn’t be here. I love mom.

Have a good week I know I will
Eric Jones

No comments: