9.12.2011

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 6.25 (It is the most wonderful time of the year!)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 6.25
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt
-Mark Twain
It is the most wonderful time of the year. I don't care what the famous song says about Christmas time being the most wonderful time of the year. The first weeks of September are that for me. As I sat at home this morning, yes I am a stay at home dad on Mondays now so be prepared for the hilariousness that is me babysitting, I pondered on what the immediate future holds. First and most exciting for our little family will be the birth of BBJ (Grayson Royal Jones is the name that is almost so concrete it would only crack after years of harsh weather and use) Second football is in full swing from High School to College and now the Pros have finally caught on that it is football season. Third I wore a hoodie on Saturday and was a little hot but with the first wearing of the hoodie we know that sweater weather is right around the corner. Sweater weather brings out the best in every body; it is too cold for people to be scantily clad and I won't have to worry as much about my shirt being too wrinkled to wear. Sweaters, sciences gift to the lazy person who forgets to hang up their clothes and who knows how to use an iron but has made a conscious decision to use it only as a last result. They can be dangerous. Finally with the passing of Labor Day the second annual season of CHSOL (Clothespin Hide on Significant Other League). As I typed this a smile came across my face because think of all the points I can score while Jenny is birthing BBJ. Here is a recap of the rules from last year. First you have to stick the clothespin on the person you are playing against. This is a two person or more game but the more people you have the more complicated it gets. The second rule of CHSOL is that the pin has to stay on the person for 10 minutes in order to gain a point. If the person upon whom the pin has been put finds the pin prior to the termination of the 10 minutes then the pinned person receives the points. We have not yet determined how many points are required to win the game but we do know is that the game makes for pure enjoyment. It is like the clothespin is not only being pinned on our clothes but it is pinning our joy too. The CHSOL season runs from Labor Day to Thanksgiving. Currently Jenny and I are tied 0 – 0. That will change today since I have to go get my teeth cleaned. She is always so focused when she works, what a worker bee. 
Trivia Time: Here are the current guesses for when BBJ will be born, what is your guess?
Brian Billingsley 10/1/11; Mickael Sorensen 10/7/11 (For Slurpee purposes), Tim Jones 10/10/11; and Stephanie Billingsley 1/1/2012 my guess is 9/27/11 really I just hope it is not this week.

I have two more items I would like to add. Usually the typing of the letter requires only 15 to 20 minutes because I have a topic and am ready to go when Monday lunch rolls but today as I was typing Gigi came up to me and said, "Can I listen to Beauty and the Beast?" I said, "Okay." Then as soon as the song started she asks, "Dance with mes please?" Who can say no to that? So this letter has taken a few more minutes than expected but it is most delightful delay. These are the moments I have to cherish because soon she won't want to dance with Dad she would rather dance with some grease face little boy that I could take in a fight. I thought being an adult and finally being able to be beat people up would allow me to get what I wanted in life. The last item I wanted to add in is this. The moment that we have all been waiting for is here, my paper chain is down to its last 4 rings. On Friday September 16 Star Wars will be on BluRay. Oh glorious day. I will be busy from Friday until Monday morning so don't bother me.

Have a good week I know I will
Eric Jones

--
This message was approved by Eric Jones

No comments: