11.21.2011

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 6.33 (A turkey for me a turkey for you)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 6.33

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

 

Warning this email has the potential to be long. So if you need to use the bathroom do it now, if you need a snack or a drink get one now because once you begin you won't be able to stop. Well, if the phone rings, the doorbell rings, or you cough, then you will probably be able to stop but other than the aforementioned items be prepared for 15 minutes of reading.

 

I call this first paragraph, "Conversations from the Jones dinner table." Items you will need to know for this paragraph to make more sense. My daughter loves to watch cartoons, any cartoon and she loves to sing, any song. Lately she has been singing "Tomorrow" from Annie and a song about a mean old witch. Oh, also, she hums the "Imperial March" a lot. Ok, so last night during dinner she sang a new song that I have never heard. It is called, "The Backson." Okay by sing, I mean she just cheerfully says the line, "What does the Backson do?" But still it is adorable. So after Jenny told me what the song is and where it came from, I had an epiphany, I guess we can call it that or maybe, what is the opposite of an epiphany but still provoking thought? Maybe it was just a dumb thought, yeah that is it. I had a dumb thought. I says to Jenny I says, "One thing that really bothers me about Winnie the Pooh is that if the whole story takes place in the mind of a child, why is there a depressed donkey? You would think that if Chris Robin doesn't like the donkey enough to make him depressed then he would just not play with him. Nobody wants to hang out with a depressed donkey. People hang out with donkeys because they make asses of themselves." Can I say asses? Sure it is the internet, say whatever the stink you want to. After some in-depth discussion about children and playtime, Jenny told me that since the poems, stories, and books were written by an adult, A.A. Milne, he was able to interpret characters how he pleased. So he probably adapted Eeyore (who I feel terrible for most of the time because he doesn't realize that depression is a treatable disease, they have pills for that little buddy) to be one sad donkey that believes the world is out to get him and everything that can go wrong will and does go wrong. There was some more in-depth discussion about how you can tell if your child suffers from depression based on how they play with their toys. If they make one of their toys the loveable loser then they might have depression or just be a fan of black comedies. I have noticed that toys in Gigi's collection all seem to have good attitudes and more importantly they all have good relationships with their dads.

 

The next item, since it is Thanksgiving week, I just thought I would tell you some of the things I have been thinking about since the beginning of November. Living in a different country really gives you perspective on how sweet life is in America. Don't get me wrong life in other countries is pretty sweet but because I was born and raised here, life in the U.S. of A. is just so sweet. From my experiences overseas I have been able to add millions of items of to my list of things I am thankful for. Here are a few that I have been thinking about during my down time (please note that just because I don't mention you by name doesn't mean I am not thankful for, in fact I am thankful for all that stuff like, family, friends, job, TV, Nintendo, and etc.). I am thankful the water delivery systems in the USA. As I filled my cup up at the fridge I thought what a great blessing it is to say I want clean drinking water and then get it on demand. You have no idea how annoying it is to boil water, wait for it to cool down and then drink it or go to the store and buy bottled water every time you want to drink water. If I am buying a drink at the store it had better be sugary sweet. Okay next thing, I am thankful that the people that breed animals do it somewhat responsibly. Sure we could improve on only producing puppies and kittens for the demand. It would eliminate a lot of unnecessary government spending to shelter and house the stray animals and sadly end their lives. We don't need more animal lovers in the world we need more responsible animal breeders. However bad you might think the animal problem is here, multiple that by 1,000 for poverty stricken nations. I have seen more unusual animals in other countries than anywhere else. So I am thankful responsible pet ownership and breeding. The last thing I will mention today is, I am thankful for a holiday that should (I know, I know, don't should on me) entice people to be more grateful for what they have. Because no matter how you live there should always be at least one thing you can be thankful for. Even Eeyore, deep down, has to be thankful for his good friends that will drop what they are doing to help him find his tail. So look around you people and find something to be thankful for during this season and think about what your life would be like without that item. If you can't think of anything, think about how in a week it is okay to watch Home Alone. That show is sweet.

 

Trivia Time: What are you thankful for?

 

Laser Tag Christmas has been tentatively scheduled for December 16 at 7:00 PM. Come one, come all. Put it on your calendars.

Here is the current list of participants:

 

For Sure Coming

Maybe Coming

Russell Loncyzna

Corey Bruse

Eric Jones

Chris Wright

Jennifer Jones

Kim Wright

Danny Sorensen

Doug Carly

Emi Sorensen

Chase Carly

Allison Sorensen

Danny Harris

Mickael Sorensen

Amanda Harris

Tim Jones

Mr E

Payton Jones

Zach Josie

Meg Whiting

Riley Josie

Chad Whiting

Andrew Sandall

Brian Billingsley

Mary Sandall

Stephanie Billingsley

Matt McClelland

James Tolboe

 

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com


--
This message was approved by Eric Jones

No comments: