11.28.2011

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 6.34 (More thanking and more bathroom talk)

Ravings of a Mad Man: vol. 6.34

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Last week I forgot to add in the one thing I am most grateful for. I am grateful that American society provides toilet paper in public restrooms and when you visit other people's homes they have some sort of toilet paper in their bathroom. After having to clean up with old cereal boxes, newspapers and other random non paper like materials it is nice to know that every time nature calls I can answer that call knowing there will be toilet paper within my reach or somebody can bring me some. Also I am thankful that most public restrooms provide toilet paper without having to purchase it prior to entering. I will never forget when I went to a public restroom in Loja and the man at the door said, "And what will you be doing today?" I told him I would be using the bathroom he asked again, "And what will you be DOING today?" I figured it out and told him I will be urinating. You tend not to learn the slang terms when you learn a second language so I am sure he thought I was mister fancy pants. The guy after me did #2 and had to pay extra for toilet paper. I made sure to always have home court advantage if that occurred because maybe they wouldn't sell you enough toilet paper. Anywho, I just thought I should mention that since every time I sit down to talk to a man about a horse I am grateful for toilet paper. Now if only bidets became the societal norm in America. Oh that would be sweet. Nothing beats a good bidet.

 

So here I am my first day as the Monday stay at home dad. So far so good. We got through the first feeding and Gigi has been most helpful. Her help consists of her asking for things at inopportune times. For instance as I prepared Grayson's bottle I thought, "Boy I wish I could feed him like Jenny does but alas I must use a bottle." Then after about 5 minutes of him shout screaming Gigi asks for waffles and cheese. Come on Gigi can't you tell I am only two hours into being the Monday stay at home dad and I am already irregular and can't seem to walk, talk and breathe at the same time. I thought that I would have about 15 minutes of solitude to type this gem but alas after lying peacefully for 10 minutes Grayson is awake and crying. Gigi wants to sing her repertoire of songs and my bowels are screaming for relief. I would just like to take this time to mention how great it is to have such a wonderful patient person in your life that seems to almost effortlessly take care of all these things. I think I just figured out how Jenny might get through the day. Gigi is sitting behind me at the table talking and she just asked, "What is your favorite color Gigi?" She then whispered that answer to herself. I guess it is little moments like these that make the day bright and make you want to keep on moving forward, not backwards, upwards not forwards and always twirling towards the future. I have only been the Monday stay at home dad for two hours and I am already losing my mind. I just want to know why there aren't more crazies in this world.

 

Trivia Time: What do use every day that you take for granted?

 

Have a good week I know I will

Eric Jones

www.oprahismymom.blogspot.com


--
This message was approved by Eric Jones

No comments: